i threw this together for dinner tonight. it was quite tasty. if you try it, let me know what you think.
1 serving (serves 4):
276 calories, 5.4g net carbs, 21.5g fat, 15.4g protein.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion sliced
- 0.5 tbsp minced garlic/1 clove chopped
- 1 chopped tomato or a handful of baby tomatoes (optional
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 0.5 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp parmesan (grated or shredded
- 354g/12.5oz can of chicken, drained
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1.5 cup of spinach (optional)
in a saute pan or sauce pot…whatevers handy, melt butter on medium/high heat. once it starts to bubble add onions. stir until softened and translucent then add garlic and tomato.
keep it moving about…turn down the heat if you need to. once the tomato softens up add cream cheese, cream and parmesan. stir until all cheese has melted and sauce has thickened slightly.
add chicken and spinach, turn heat down to med/low and simmer until spinach has wilted and chicken is hot.
add salt&pepper to taste.
serve over whatever you’d like…i chose some steamed broccoli. it was divine!